I've seen this going around the blogosphere, and thought I'd give it a try as well, so here goes! :)
25 Things About Me:
1. I'm a native Texan and have never lived anywhere else.
2. I am 46 and my husband is 49.
3. We've been married for 14 years, but we have no children.
4. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats, they are my fur babies. :)
5. I have 2 dogs and 1 cat that have passed away, each at the age of 13, and each of them died at home. :(
6. I am the first person in my family to attend and graduate from college. I paid for it with scholarships, grants, and student loans (i.e. no money from parents), and I worked part-time the entire time. I'm also the first one to get an advanced degree, which I also paid for myself.
7. I went to junior college at Blinn and was on the dance team while I was there; I graduated with an Associates degree in 1986.
8. I graduated in 1990 from Texas A&M University in College Station, with 2 BBAs.
9. I just graduated in December 2012 from grad school (MBA in CyberSecurity from University of Dallas). I am DONE with school!! No more school!!
10. Johnny (Heisman winner) Manziel's father was my very first boyfriend; I was in 9th grade, he was in 8th grade, and I was good friends with his younger sister. (Small world, huh?)
11. I went to 3 different high schools (my parents moved around a lot), so I have friends spread out all over the place. I claim Houston as my hometown.
12. I have lived in DFW for 20 years this coming August, and I've lived in my house for almost 13 years. That's the longest I've ever lived anywhere in my entire life (see reason above).
13. I drive a hardtop convertible (Volvo C70), and I love my car!
14. I love to travel. We go on 1 or 2 vacations a year (because we have no kids).
15. In August we went on a cruise to Alaska, and it was so pretty!! It was also a nice change of pace from the Caribbean cruises we've been on. However, we drove from Seattle to DFW, which took 3 days....ugh! (Hubs doesn't like to fly, and I really don't like to drive long distances.)
16. Cozumel, Mexico is one of my favorite places ever....I've been there probably 7 or so times. If I could somehow make a decent living there, I would live there (and I would have the best tan)!
17. Ambergris Caye (San Pedro), Belize is another of my favorite places, but the mosquitos are BAD!!
18. I'm a SCUBA diver and a snorkler, so the Caribbean is my favorite destination. Gotta love that clear turquoise water! I would love to swim with the whale sharks off the coast of Cancun.
19. We didn't care much for Jamaica (most of it is not what you see in travel brochures or on tv).
20. I want to go to Hawaii, but can't get my husband to take the flight (which also means we'll never go to Europe).
21. I found out last weekend that a trip to Napa might be in my future!! :) One of my friends has a "big" milestone birthday this summer, and that's his destination of choice. Hubs doesn't want to go, but he said I could go. :)
22. I would rather watch college football than NFL any day. Gig'em Aggies!! :)
23. I do love NBA basketball, but after my beloved Mavericks won the NBA Championship, I've fallen off the basketball bandwagon, and somehow can't seem to make myself watch anymore. Dirk Nowitzki is my favorite player, and I've met him in person (and he is gorgeous up close, and has perfect skin).
24. My favorite tv shows are: NCIS, Law & Order SVU, Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, The Good Wife, and (my new addiction) Scandal. We also love Tivo (we have 2 - one for each tv) and don't know how we lived without it before it came along!
25. I would rather be hot than cold, so me and skiing do not make a good combination. I've been skiing twice, and do not ever plan to go again (mostly because I kinda suck at it!). I do like snow days, but only if I can stay home inside my warm house! :)
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (August 17-23)
2 days ago



You're funny. Last summer I took the boys on a big trip with a friend and her son (though we were camping, it was unlike any camping vacay we've been on with the boys before) and it was so great! This summer we have plans for 3 big vacations with the boys - it's going to bleed our checking accounts dry (dry probably isn't even a strong enough word), but I am keenly aware that we only get Nick for 2 more years and I want to make the most of our time. I would LOVE to go to Alaska someday.
ReplyDeleteKaira, I forgot to add that I don't like camping either! But if it's your kind, where you stay in cabins and such, then I might! :) No way this back of mine is gonna sleep on the ground in a tent; I wouldn't be able to walk the next day!!
ReplyDeleteWell, I definitely don't sleep on the ground when I camp. I love camping, but even when we tent camp we have a lot of equipment to make it comfortable. We sleep on a double high queen size air mattress, with down comforters and lots of pillows and we sleep great! I also cabin camp quite a bit and I bring my air mattress into our cabin. I'm hoping to buy a real bed to keep in my cabin soon, because hauling all of our gear back and forth is a pain in the rear.
ReplyDelete