Friday, February 1

Fitness Friday!!


Time for the Fitness Fridays link up with Noel of High Heeled Mama!

Well, I'll just say that after my first week of 4 workouts, last week only resulted in 2 days of going to the gym. But this week I'm already up to 3 days, and will go again tonite.  I had an appointment this week with my scoliosis doctor (I hadn't been in 2 years), and he told me there was no change in my curvature, which is GOOD news!  At my age, he doesn't anticipate the degree to get any worse, as my xrays have not changed in 4 years, so I will not ever need surgery unless something unfortunate happens.  He prescribed Pilates and core exercises and is glad I'm back to working out since I graduated from school.  He says my back will continue to hurt until my core muscles are strengthened and I start losing a little weight.  It will also help my stress level and help me sleep better.  All in all, I'm in a good starting over position so far.  :)

6 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work!! Have fun at the gym tonight!!

    xo, Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, keep it up! It's so easy to get lax once you have an "off" week, and it takes extra motivation to get back at it! Yay for good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hitting the gym regularly too - the early mornings (5:30!!!) are about to kill me, but that's the only time my workout buddy can go. It's a thousand times harder since I'm not quite at the fitness level I used to be. :P But, I'm working on getting back in shape. Keep at it - I'm looking forward to your progress. And, you know, I've always thought you look great in all of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kaira! That was sweet! :)
    Oh man!! I cannot workout in the mornings, I end up with a horrible headache, for whatever reason! I am nowhere near my previous fitness level either, so it's kinda like starting all over...ugh. But I'm determined, and not getting any younger!! Good for you for being able to get up that early and hit the gym!! :)

    ReplyDelete