
It's Friday, and time for the first-ever link-up with Noel of High Heeled Mama!
I'm not really sure that I'll have much in the way of workout tips, since I'm just getting restarted after being super inconsistent for 3 years (due to a full-time job and grad school). But I'm done with school now, and am ready to get busy!!
Actually, I did workout 4 times last week (walking mostly on the treadmill)....yay!
I purchased a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor on Amazon, which just arrived on Wednesday.
It came highly recommended from another blogger I follow (Laura of Luckiest in Love).
I am really inspired by her weight loss success and story (even if she is almost half my age)!! :)
I have also recently purchased new workout clothes, new socks, and replaced my shoe inserts.
So...... I'm READY to get going again!! I want to be accountable and successful this year!!



Thanks for linking up with me, Pennie!! Managing to fit 4 workouts into a week is tough, so good job! What does the heart rate monitor do, aside from the obvious? I mean, does it just help you maintain a certain rate while exercising? Sounds like a useful tool!
ReplyDeleteIt asks for all your info when you set it up (age, weight, height, sex). From that it determines your target heart rate range. While you wear it, it keeps track of how long you work out, how many calories you burn, your heart rate, and whether or not you're in the target HR zone. I'm hoping it will keep me on track, and let me know which workouts are better for me to burn those calories! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Pennie! Saw you on the Fitness Friday linkup! I used to work at a sporting goods store and I saw people buying those heart rate monitors all the time. I was always curious at how well they worked, but never got one for myself. Maybe I'll consider it!!
ReplyDelete