Tuesday, September 8

Updates for last 2 weeks

Well, Dad and Tim had a good time 2 weekends ago at the boat show they went to at Lake Lewisville. They hob-nobbed with the attendees and also tried to go fishing, on both Saturday and Sunday, with no luck.

Sept 1st was my initial visit to the Baylor Scoliosis Center. They took new x-rays and compared them to the ones from 2006. Only a 3% change in the lumbar area. He didn't like the looks of my neck though. He sent me for an MRI, which was this past Saturday morning. My next appointment for him to compare this MRI to 2007's is on Sept 14. When that's done, he'll let us know what's in the cards for me concerning my neck. However, it's almost certain that there will be surgery in my future. In the meantime, I need physical therapy for my back, so my initial visit with them is tomorrow afternoon.

My running classes and social runs have been going well! We do our first 5K this Saturday morning. I hope I'll be able to finish it using intervals, since there's no way I can run/jog straight thru yet for that length of time. It's for our coach's church, so he'll be there to help us cross the finish line. My class's 5K goal race is on Oct 3rd, in Grapevine, called "The Vineyard Run", with wine tasting afterwards! Tim and Lucy are both running it with me. :-)

The annual Bunko pool party is on Sept 18, and then Tim & I go see Chickenfoot on Sept 21. Don't know WHY they have to play on a Monday, but I know I'll be tired at work the next day!

I've started applying for grad school, and will take GMAT review classes at TCU in October. I don't have a date set yet to take the GMAT. So far, I'm considering TCU and Univ of Dallas, to get my MBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment