Monday, September 14

Sept 14 Update

1. Saturday I ran in my first 5K race, in the rain. I finished (unofficially) at 42:20, and Lucy finished way before me. I haven't been able to find the official race results yet. It's the farthest I've ever run before, and it was NOT easy! Our next race (as a class) is on Oct 3rd. I'm so envious of those who make running look so easy! The first place guy, he finished in just over 18 minutes!!! Speed Racer......UGH!!!

2. Tim and I had breakfast after the race with Robert & Lucy, then met them later at the mall to go shopping for bargains at Macy's and Dillard's. We then proceeded to dinner at California Pizza Kitchen, then home to CRASH......very tired from the running and all the walking that day. Tim said he'd push me around the mall in a wheelchair, but we never saw any. LOL!!

3. The yearly Bunko pool party has been cancelled.......oh well! :-(

4. I had my follow-up with Baylor Scoliosis Center this morning. My neck has gotten much worse in the past 2 years, so it was good to have the second MRI, even though it cost me $500. I now have 2 herniated disks instead of 1, which also adds another vertebrae to the count (C4, C5, and C6). Great. I'm pretty sure that surgery will be in my not-too-distant future, but for now, they want to see if the physical therapy will help. My next appointment is in 6 weeks (Oct 28th).

5. It's been raining since Friday, but really not much today. Good! I'm sick of the rain right now. It's supposed to taper off and go away by Thursday. I've already run twice in the rain, and don't really want to again anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment