Thursday, August 27

Midweek update...

Tuesday night's class run was better, and the new shoes are good, except both feet's toes were tingly/numb. My coach showed me how to tie them differently, thinking they might be too tight across the middle, therefore impeding full circulation. Last night's run on my own was ok, and better on the toes, but my left leg was bothering me.....a weird hollow aching pain from mid shin down thru mid foot, including the ankle. I guess it's just my lower body trying to adjust?? I hope my body will get used to this running thing!! I iced the shins last night and put the pain gel on before bed, and this morning took an Aleve......all the things my coach advised. Tonite we have another class, so hopefully all will go well.

I got my hair done last night (yay!) before my run.....she toned down the highlights, so I'm looking darker again for fall, and I like it. This morning I was putting on my makeup and I tilted my head back, and one of those weird painful "pings" went thru the left side of my neck (just when I'm recovering from the previous week+ of pain!), and it hurt SO bad.....it felt like a bolt of lightning radiating down my neck......OUCH!!! I hope it's not a sign of things to come. :-(

My sister Laura comes to Dallas tonite with her Y co-workers, to go to Dallas Mania downtown. My dad is also coming up tomorrow for the weekend; he and Tim are going to a classic boat show at Lake Lewisville on Saturday, and I will have the QUIET house to myself for most of the day (yay!), after me and Lucy try the Social Run again at 7am (followed by breakfast at Einstein's Bagels!). I hope it goes better than last Saturday, but Lucy said she'd stay with me, no matter how slow I am......LOVE her!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment