Wednesday, April 29

Stress, Panic, and Basketball

I hate watching the news, because they all talk about the same things, over and over, and right now that is Swine Flu. The media loves to be the cause of stress, doom, and gloom. UGH!! Don't we have enough to stress about without the constant talk of the bad economy and now the new flu pandemic? I just hope our trip to Belize doesn't have to be postponed or cancelled because of this flu. I am seriously thinking about getting the trip insurance for the first time ever, especially since I came down with food poisoning on our last trip to Mexico, the night before we flew home. I had to spend $140 on doctors and prescriptions before I could leave the country, and we've been boycotting Bubba Gump Shrimp Company ever since!!! I just hope American Airlines doesn't screw us with fees if we have to change our flights.

Blend the "chic drama" from this past weekend with the idiot project manager at work, and you get STRESS!! Even though it was a calm day yesterday, and so far today (although we have a meeting in an hour), I still have lingering headaches from it. Keeping my fingers crossed that the meeting doesn't get bad, and that our go-live for next Tuesday goes as planned. It will feel good to FINALLY get this project up and running, since we've been waiting almost TWO YEARS!!

Congratulations to my Dallas Mavericks for defeating the San Antonio Spurs last night in Game 5 to advance to Round 2 in the NBA Playoffs!! We haven't won a first round in 3 years, and the Spurs hadn't lost a first round in 9 years, so this was truly a BIG deal!! Mavs fans in Dallas are truly happy today!! :-)

Grateful today for: a wonderful husband and TRUE friends

No comments:

Post a Comment