Sunday, April 12

Happy Easter Ya'll !!

Last night we went to Easter Vigil at our church for Mass. We had never been to Easter Vigil at this church before, so it was a new experience. All I have to say is WOW! By the way, WHY do I cry at church?? Every time I hear the "Litany of Saints" (heard only twice a year - such a beautiful song), it reminds me of my Confirmation (12 yrs ago), and I start to cry. So last night, there were 21 people Baptised, 23 people Confirmed, and 6 couples validated their marriage vows. That's 56 people that received Sacraments last night for the first time in the Catholic Church.....WOW! And poor Deacon Ray had to kneel in the baptismal font just 3 weeks after having surgery on his leg to remove more cancerous tumors....what a trooper! He turns 70 next month, and is our couples Bible Study leader. He was in rare form on Wednesday night, and kept us laughing. Of course, he blamed it on his new meds.....lol! :-) Then after Mass, we went to Denny's for a late dinner, since there's not much to choose from at 11pm!

ALSO.....after MUCH exhaustive, stressful "deliberating" for the past few days, we FINALLY booked our 2009 vacation! WE'RE GOING TO BELIZE......WHOOP!!! I cannot wait!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment