Tuesday, January 20

Inauguration Day......UGH!!!

I'll be SOOOOOOO glad when today is OVER!!! I'm so sick of hearing about the inauguration that I am keeping away from all tv today (except for shows I Tivo'd last night). Anyone who really knows me, knows that I was a McCain/Palin girl, so I did not vote for the person who is now our 44th president. Yes, it's a historical moment and a nice piece of fanfare that happens every 4 years, but enough already!! I don't care what they're eating, how many parties they have to attend, who's in the parade, or what Michelle Obama is wearing. I DO care though, that the American public has to pay for all this crap and we don't even get to attend....that sucks!! Just like the bailout.....it's our money, but we have no say. The same goes for federal holidays that a majority of the public does not get off from work (i.e. MLK Jr Day, President's Day, Columbus Day, etc.)......totally unfair!! Where I work, we don't even get Good Friday!!

On another note, I'm still coughing, but I am feeling better. I went to the gym last night for the first time since early December, and I felt better for doing so. HOWEVER, I'm sore from 45 minutes of walking on the treadmill!!! That is seriously sad, getting sore over a daily function, what the hell?!? But I know the workouts are good for me and will help with my weight loss. I am nowhere near my sister's level of fitness. She's an aerobics instructor, and I'm pretty sure works out at least 5 days a week! Oh, if only!!! :-)

We also went to look at furniture last night, because the store is conveniently across the street from our gym in Grapevine. Cool stuff, and we found some things we like. We have furniture inherited from Tim's mom, so I think it's about time we have our own new stuff! A new look for our breakfast room and master bedroom - I can't wait!! I'm also hoping for a new mattress (which I also tried out last night at the store) because I think our 10-year-old-basic-model Select Comfort mattress is not so up-to-par anymore. I would LOVE a good night's sleep and not wake up sore or in pain. Keeping my fingers crossed! :-)

Grateful today for: my gym membership at LA Fitness

No comments:

Post a Comment