I know.....I suck at blogging! Not like anyone really reads this anyway, maybe one person?
(Hi Kaira! :) ) Anyway, I was all set for my Christmas holidays, but what happens on our 12th wedding anniversary? I start getting the dreaded scratchy throat. Tim had been sick (coming home from school with those HS kid germs), and as hard as I tried NOT to get sick, I knew it was coming. I went to work semi-sick on Monday & Tuesday, then Wednesday morning.....well, work was just NOT going to happen. I spent the next 3 days in bed, preventing me from seeing my family on Christmas......I missed it all. I had already planned for my remaining vacation time off between Christmas and New Year's, so we had previously made reservations in Port Aransas. We didn't have to see anyone (no one to give my germs to), so we still went. My dog and FeLV cat did really well on the 8-hour trip, I was surprised! My Kitty Girl was so relaxed down in Port A, it was so funny! I thought the sea air would do me good....and it did. When we left on NYE, we went to see my family, but I had already missed a majority of the people. We had a relaxing weekend then went home on Sunday.
Fast forward til now: We're back at work, I am STILL coughing, I've started Spring semester at UD, and today I FINALLY went to the doctor about the cough. He put me on meds......I should've done this 2 weeks ago!! Hopefully this cough will be gone soon.
I can't believe it's already mid-January 2011!! Where the heck does the time go? My 2 months off from school was gone before I knew it, and I got absolutely nothing done that I had on my list. Now the first week of school has begun, and I'm trying to finish a scholarship application by Friday. And they only let us know 2 weeks ago that it was due on Jan 21st. Talk about pressure! I hope and pray for this scholarship, because grad school is expensive, and I'll be guaranteed a job with the DoD when I finish.
Next weekend I have some fun planned with my sister at an all-day scrapbook crop. However, I had to cancel my April vacation because I couldn't find anyone to go with me. :) I am sad, because I really wanted to hit the beach between semesters. Oh well, I guess we could try and remodel our kitchen instead?? :)
Until next time......
Free 7 Day Healthy Meal Plan (August 17-23)
2 days ago



I'm so happy to see new posts! You blog SO infrequently - drives me bonkers. I like your new blog design.
ReplyDeleteI love the shout out too. :)
I'd be ALL OVER a kitchen remodel. Have you ever seen my kitchen floor? Ugly. As. Sin.
I know!! I love reading other people's blogs, but don't take the time to do my own!! UGH!!
ReplyDeleteWe already purchased/installed new stainless steel stove, microwave, and dishwasher. Next up is the fridge, and then new countertops and backsplash, then cabinet painting. Little by little.....
And after my Spring semester is over, we're going down to Houston for the weekend, then back to Port A for 4 days..... :)!!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds dreamy. I want to sit on the beach and feel the sun on my face.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, you need to adjust your feed settings so I can subscribe to you in my reader, pretty please. Google Reader never picks up your posts which is why I'm always way late reading them. Let me know if you change your settings!
Oh, and I'm really jealous of your new kitchen stuff. I want a backsplash made out of those pretty little 1" glass tiles in pretty colors. I also want a new floor. Did I mention mine is HIDEOUS? It is.
ReplyDeleteAnd a slider door in here would rock my world.